- Good food takes time and we understand that you may not have a lot of it. So give us a call and we will have your order ready when you get here. 530-343-4930.
- The quality of supplements is very important. That’s why we chose a company with a state-of- the-art facility and strict regulations on purity and quality to represent S&S.
- S&S is proud to offer many local products from Chico and the surrounding areas: Produce, Wine, Honey, Olive Oils, Breads, and Meats, just to name a few.
- With a large variety of essential oils to choose from, we have what you’re looking for. We also offer botanical fragrances, perfumes, and oil diffusers.
- The Butcher Shop offers four different meat packs for you to choose from. We include customer favorites such as: Tri-Tip, Meat Loaf, Chicken, and Bacon!
- Bring in a reusable container and fill it up with many of our bulk items: Beans, Grains, Granola, Herbs, Spices, Teas, Shampoos and Conditioners, Lotions, etc.
CONTACT USS&S has been locally owned and operated since 1967. We value our community and want to thank you for visiting our website. If you have any questions or comments, please let us know. We would also love to see you, so stop and by and say, “Hello”.
S&S Produce operated as a “roadside produce stand” with a limited selection of natural foods. Over the years the inventory slowly expanded to include vitamins and supplements. The Butcher Shop operated as a separate business, next door to S&S, as did The Deli in an adjoining section.
In 1974 Rich became sole owner of S&S and later that same year purchased The Butcher Shop. S&S and The Butcher Shop continued to grow and thrive under the same ownership, but as two separate businesses. S&S started to include a limited supply of natural cosmetics and additional health foods.
In 1995 Rich purchased The Deli and continued its long-time tradition of quality lunch meats and sandwiches. On May 13, 1997 S&S and The Butcher Shop physically became one business and a new larger renovated structure was introduced. The new store, S&S Organic Produce and Natural Foods, offered expanded floor space for each department and the convenience of paying for your entire purchase at one set of registers. The store has continued to grow with the addition of health and wellness books, bulk foods, and the outdoor BBQ in 1998.
Today, S&S Organic Produce and Natural Foods proudly offers one of the largest selection of certified organically grown produce in the north state. Our produce department is also supportive of sustainable agriculture. We support both small and large family farms that are committed to this practice and carry the freshest local produce whenever possible.